Thursday, October 25, 2007

Tired.


The weather's getting cold, and leaves fade in shades of sunset rays.

It's fall and almost winter.

Wasn't winter just here? Was it that long ago, when people were complaining about winter never ending? Where did spring go? And summer? How did I miss the footsteps of fall, and fail to see the beauty of the changing seasons?

How time flies when one is busy. The intervals of surfacing for air are so very long and far in between. That one can pass from week to week and month to month without acute awareness of the pass of time seems like active denial of who and what we are.

Where has the last year gone? Where have the last five years gone?

And what am I doing as time passes by?

photo credit

4 Comments:

Blogger stephanie said...

Hi - I have enjoyed reading your blog since you started it, I always like coming back here. I don't know if you remember me (teni). I started a blog at the same time but I only ever wrote one post. Anyway, now I'm writing on wordpress about something new I'm trying - improving my vision (without glasses, contacts or surgery). I thought there might be a slight chance that you are interested, here is the address:

http://sorrisi.wordpress.com

8:53 AM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Hi Teni!

It's been a while! I hope time has treated you well.

Am very interested to see how your vision changes. Personally I think it can be changed. Not sure if one can fully correct vision, but have personally experienced improvement in my mild myopia after extended vacations. And have heard that there is much less near sightedness in rural Africa than in a developed nation...

keep me updated, and happy holidays!!

10:16 PM  
Blogger stephanie said...

Happy holidays! I hope you have a happy time with friends and family.

I will keep you posted about my progress with the eyesight improvement, I'm expecting progress to be slow. So far I have seen improvement from about 20/800 to 20/500. I think the initial improvement from 20/800 to 20/600 was very fast as a result of overprescribed glasses and unneeded stress.

Cheers!
Teni

4:46 AM  
Blogger ipanema said...

A blessed, merry Christmas to you and your loved ones, WV! :)

12:05 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home