Saturday, March 17, 2007

Signs of Growing Up...

I still vividly remember that, as a kid, whenever I met my parent's friends and other adults, they would ask the same silly questions:

"What grade are you in?"
"Do you like school?"
"What's your favorite subject?"

It seemed like all the adults in the world had gotten together and decided on exactly which questions to use when talking to children. I remember thinking that when I got to their age, I wouldn't just ask such boring questions.

Well, one of our attendings brought her teenage daughter to work the other day. And we're both sitting in said attending's office, waiting for her. A little awkward... I racked my brain to come up with a unique, fun question, and finally broke the silence with:

"So, what grade are you in?"

Doh! Guess I'm now officially part of the boring "adult question-asking conspiracy"... :o)

1 Comments:

Blogger Unknown said...

As you get older, and look for something in common with a teenager, you can count on one thing in common, school was a very strange place. But you did somehow learn to communicate.

1:09 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home