Saturday, October 07, 2006

Funeral Songs

I'm honored to be tagged by Moof for my first meme! :)

Let's see, songs for my funeral... It was actually a good experience to try to think this through. Brought a lot of other thoughts to mind, that life is short, precious, and should be cherished. That we should live like today is our last day (in terms of letting go of all the little things, not letting things faze us). That we should never take tomorrow for granted.

Those that suffer at a funeral are the loved ones that must pick up the pieces and move on. So these are some songs meant to tell them that everything is as it should be, and that they are very loved. And a closing song of Native American flute music to be used for meditation, healing.

Here's the list:

Time of Your Life by Green Day

Kiss the Rain by Billie Myers - Kiss the rain, whenever you need me, kiss the rain, whenever I'm gone too long

Live Like You Were Dying by Tim McGraw - (absolutely love this song...) some of the lyrics: love deeper, speak sweeter, live like you were dying

Somewhere, Over the Rainbow by Israel Kamakawiwo'ole - when sung by Iz, this song takes you above and beyond...

Dawn's Mirage: Ancestral Home by Carlos Nakai

Now, time to tag people:

Ellie Finlay

The Wests

The Hagans

Keagirl

Farmgirl

sunset picture of a surfer statue on Waikiki beach

6 Comments:

Blogger Ellie Finlay said...

Hi, Always Learning. I'm honored to be tagged. I have, actually, given this some thought but not for a while so I'll need to re-think the matter. I warn you, though, that I'm an Episcopalian and we're fuddy-duddies about funerals so what I have in mind are hymns and classical pieces. But I'm happy to share those. I'll come up with the list soon!

8:11 PM  
Blogger ipanema said...

Nice list you have there. :)

8:29 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Thank you for dropping by Ipanema! :D

8:32 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow! *blinks twice!* That was fast!

Those were great choices!

Talking about funerals, have you seen the picture of a casket on Fat Doctor's blog? In case you don't recognize it as a casket, it's near the bottom of the page ... ;o)

10:43 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

Ellie - hymns and classical pieces are beautiful and would be perfect as funeral music... look forward to seeing the list :)

Ipanema - thanks, like yours too! :)

Moof - WOW. That is a big uterus. And strikingly pink. I wonder how many of those are sold?? And who buys them?

3:32 PM  
Blogger Ellie Finlay said...

Hi, Always Learning! Here's the list:

http://childofillusion.blogspot.com/2006/10/o-mensch-bewein.html

2:27 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home