Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gratitude

It's so easy to forget what's really important in life. All too often we get caught up in what we're doing at the moment and lose sight of the bigger picture.

There was a huge storm outside yesterday. While watching a movie with loved ones, we could still hear the howling of the winds and branches scraping the roof. What of the homeless who have nowhere to turn? What of those that cannot keep warm, or do not have enough to eat? How can I help them??

I am grateful for the roof over my head, for the food on the table, for the people in my life. I am grateful for a job that I love and for the chance to make a difference in someone else's life. I am indebted to those that have given me a chance and those who have shaped who I am today. Being given so much brings a sense of responsibility for my community, the world, and I hope to never forget that the goal is to make this life worthwhile. May I always work to relieve suffering and to bring others happiness.

2 Comments:

Blogger Jose said...

At last I find your blog! I'm delighted, except now I feel bad about myself for not posting about anything remotely socially conscious. It's great to be in touch again! Hang in there, and think of me once you've started your sweet Dermatology life while I'm struggling to keep my head above water.

6:53 PM  
Blogger Aisling said...

jose, social consciousness is highly overrated - i'd write like you if i could because your posts are much funnier! :D

7:24 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home